SAF Pillow Blocks
Timken SAF pillow blocks combine rugged cast-iron or cast-steel housings with high capacity spherical roller bearings to meet the toughest demands of heavy industry. The convenient split-housing design simplifies assembly and service. Each pillow block contains an advanced-design spherical roller bearing with improved geometry and raceway finish for maximum load capacity and service life. Timken manufactures pillow blocks in two main styles: SAF and SDAF. The larger SDAF block is suggested for extreme heavy duty applications.
Size range: 1.37795 in. to 11.811 in., with special shaft sizes available up to 39.37 in. and beyond.
- Split construction allows for easy assembly and disassembly.
- Pry tool slots and the exclusive Pry-Lug fulcrum simplifies bearing inspection, service and replacement.
- Caps are removed quickly and easily, preventing damange to the bearing or housing.
- Integrated housing and bearing design enhances unit lubrication characteristics.
- Multiple sealing options protect against contamination.
- Mining applications
- Pulp and paper mills
- Rolling mills