The Timken® ADAPT™ bearing is designed specifically for continuous casters, where performance and reliability are critical to maintaining operations. The ADAPT bearing evolves traditional cylindrical and spherical roller bearing configurations into a new design so operators benefit from the key attributes of both types.
The bearing consists of an inner ring, outer ring and roller /retainer assembly. The retainer holds the rollers in position, creating a single assembly that prevents the rollers from being damaged during mounting and dismounting.
The separable components simplify installation, removal and inspection. The inner ring and outer ring can be installed in either direction, helping to avoid common mounting errors. No special tooling is required.
Introductory size range: 100 mm to 170 mm bore (3.94 in. to 6.69 in.)
- Float position in strand roll support segments
- Full-complement design with a roller retainer to help eliminate roller fallout
- Simultaneous full misalignment and axial displacement capabilities
- Unique internal geometry optimizes contact stress and roller stability
- Standard ISO dimensions simplify interchange with toroidal and spherical roller bearings
- High static radial capacity for maximum reliability