Capace de închidere de protecţie
Easy-to-install safety end caps protect exposed rotating shafts, reducing hazards around many types of equipment. The patent-pending design meets all applicable OSHA requirements.
The new Fafnir® safety product line consists of a mounting ring and snap-on cover, both molded in a durable, bright yellow polymer. The end cap snaps into the adhesive-backed ring that adheres to the outboard face of most flanged bearing housings. The secure, 360-degree fit makes for a rugged unit that also provides basic protection from contaminants and washdown.
Factory retrofits are a snap with everything provided in a handy kit. The cost-effective end covers are simple to install on Timken and most other flanged units. Current sizes range from 20 mm to 50 mm (3⁄4in. to 1-15/16in.) shaft sizes for two or four-bolt flanged cast iron, malleable iron, and other selected housing styles and sizes.
- Improved safety – convenient means to protect factory workers from contact with rotating stub shafts.
- OSHA requirements – design meets current OSHA regulations mandating safety covers for exposed shafting.
- Easy installation – end cap snaps easily and securely into adhesivebacked mounting ring.
- High visibility – both end cap and mounting ring are molded in bright yellow for optimum visibility and safety.
- Simple retrofit – convenient field installation involves easy attachment of mounting ring to outboard face of a variety of housed units from different manufacturers.
- Flexible use – easy field installation expands application for housed units produced by a variety of manufacturers.
- Cost efficiency – quick and simple field retrofits minimize downtime and avoid replacing existing housed units.
- Durable service – tough polymer components and strong adhesive bond stand up to typical factory usage.
- Contamination protection – end cap with 360° interlocking fit provides basic protection against contamination and washdown.
- Convenient kits – everything needed for installation is provided in a handy kit.
- Food processing
- Material handling, including conveyors, luggage handling and packaging lines