Timken's Generation 3 wheel end system is a self-retained, integrated package bearing featuring active sensing technology that offers design flexibility and bolt-on simplicity. Generation 3 improves stiffness and brake performance, reduces weight and envelope size, lowers assembly costs and reduces warranty claims.
- Integrated raceway and hub increases stiffness as much as 30 percent over conventional systems. Also eliminates the discrete race variables between the bearing and hub, providing a closer preload setting range.
- Narrow overall package width and reduced radial section thickness lowers unsprung weight, improving vehicle maneuverability and fuel efficiency.
- Features a pre-sealed, pre-greased and pre-set bearing package design with integrated sensing technology for anti-lock braking systems, total traction control and vehicle dynamics systems.
- Hub-forming technology reduces strain on components and the costs associated with purchased parts and labor. Also allows for communization between driven and non-driven designs.
- Fully serviceable wheel speed sensor is internally mounted and protected from road hazards, debris and potential damage.
- Wheels for light trucks and sport utility vehicles