The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical power transmission across a variety of bearings and related systems to improve reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment all around the world.
The company's growing product and services portfolio features many strong industrial brands including Timken®, Fafnir®, Philadelphia Gear®, Carlisle®, Drives® and Interlube™.
Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $3.1 billion in sales in 2014. With approximately 14,000 employees operating from 28 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
We serve many diverse market segments, including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer, defense, energy, industrial equipment, health, heavy industry, machine tool, positioning control, power generation and rail.
Timken in Numbers
- 2014 Sales: $3.1 billion.
- Total number of people worldwide: approx. 14,000.
- Total number of facilities: 64 plants/service centers; 91 sales offices; 13 research and development and engineering centers; 23 shipping centers; and four joint ventures located in 28 countries on six continents.
- Paid 370th consecutive quarterly dividend in 2014.
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1922.
- Timken XEMC (Hunan) Bearings Company Ltd.
- S.E. Setco Service Company LLC
- Zhuhai Interlube Machinery Equipment Co. Ltd.