As a global industrial technology leader, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, friction management and power transmission to improve the reliability and efficiency of machinery all around the world.
We engineer, manufacture and market mechanical components and high-performance steel. Our bearings, engineered-steel bars and tubes -- as well as transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products and services -- support diversified markets worldwide.
With $5.0 billion sales in 2012 and approximately 20,000 people operating from 30 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
We serve many diverse market segments, including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer, defense, energy, industrial equipment, health, heavy industry, machine tool, positioning control, power generation and rail.
Timken in Numbers
- 2012 Sales: $5.0 billion.
- Total number of people worldwide: approx. 20,000.
- Total number of facilities: 63 plants; 95 sales offices; 10 technology and engineering centers; 25 shipping centers; and six joint ventures located in 30 countries on six continents.
- Paid 362nd consecutive quarterly dividend in 2012.
- Listed in the New York Stock Exchange since 1922.
Technology and Engineering
Ten technology and engineering centers located in North Canton, OH; Bangalore, India; Colmar, France; Lebanon and Keene, NH; Manchester, CT; Mesa, AZ; King of Prussia, PA; Ploiesti, Romania; and Shanghai, China.
- As of 2012, Timken’s plants and distribution centers received more than 120 quality certifications under ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, AS9100, M-1003, OHSAS18001 and other quality certifications.
- As of 2009, 27 plants were ISO certified.
- CoLinx, LLC – Greenville, SC, U.S.A. (PTplace.com)
- Endorsia.com International AB – Gothenberg, Sweden
- Industria Cuscinetti S.p.A (ICSA) – Turin, Italy
- S.E. SETCO Service Co. – Norcross, GA, U.S.A.
- Timken (Anshan) Industrial Services Co. Ltd. - Anshan, Liaoning Province, China
- Timken XEMC (Hunan) Bearings Co., Ltd. – Xiangtan, China