The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets Timken® bearings, transmissions, gearboxes, chain, and related products, and offers a spectrum of power system rebuild and repair services around the world. The leading authority on tapered roller bearings, Timken today applies its deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and power transmission across the broad spectrum of bearings and related systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of machinery and equipment.
Known for its quality products and collaborative technical sales model, Timken posted $3 billion in sales in 2013. With approximately 17,000 people operating from 28 countries, Timken makes the world more productive and keeps industry in motion.
We serve many diverse market segments, including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer, defense, energy, industrial equipment, health, heavy industry, machine tool, positioning control, power generation and rail.
Timken in Numbers
- 2013 Sales: $3 billion.
- Total number of people worldwide: approx. 17,000.
- Total number of facilities: 62 plants/service centers; 89 sales offices; 12 technology and engineering centers; 23 shipping centers; and three joint ventures located in 28 countries on six continents.
- Paid 366th consecutive quarterly dividend in 2013.
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1922.
- Timken XEMC (Hunan) Bearings Company Ltd.
- LLC Timken WWC