EcoPower™ Induction Heaters
Timken EcoPower™ induction heaters may be used for both mounting and dismounting of components with tight fits and are ideal for installing large bore bearings in wind turbine applications. The units save time by heating work pieces faster than conventional methods, and reduce energy consumption by utilizing fewer amps to operate.
Every Timken EcoPower™ induction heater is customized based on specific application needs. A Timken specialist will work directly with you to determine the proper size generator and applicable heating tool. Depending on your needs, we offer flexible coils, fixed coil and heating tables to best meet the specifications of the job.
- Heat work pieces quickly, evenly and in a controlled manner via middle frequency alternating current that passes through an electromagnet
- Versatility provided for various work pieces – heat up the inner or outer race
- Easy-to-use controls allow precise temperature, time and power settings
- Continuous usage without the coils getting hot via special, air-cooled coils
- Flexibilty provided by four different options of ergonomically designed induction tools
- Can be used with included light-weight mobile generator or multiple generator configuration to heat large components
- Bearing and work piece installation for wind turbine systems
One reason for bearing failure in wind turbine systems is over- or under-heating of the bearing during installation. Additionally, installing large wind-energy bearings is often a time-consuming process, itself, due to the need to heat the bearing. Overcoming these challenges is now easier, thanks to Timken EcoPower™ induction heaters.
Low Frequency and EcoPower™ Induction Heaters: A Comparison of Features and Operations
|Low Frequency Heater||EcoPower™ Heater|
|Ampere||125 A||63 A|
|Piece max. weight||Up to 3000 kg||Up to 9000 kg|
|Gen. weight||About 250 kg||45 kg|
|Coil temp.||150°C (4 rings)||35°C (4 rings)|
|Cable temp.||150°C (4 rings)||35°C (4 rings)|
|Status||Stops after 4 rings||Fully operational|
|Noise level||85-90 db||-50 db|
|Optional tools||No||Four heating tool options|