NU (RIU, RU)
These bearings carry radial load only and can accommodate both expansion and contraction. The relative axial displacement of one ring to the other occurs with minimum friction while the bearing is rotating. Type RIU and RU bearings may be used in one or two positions for shaft support if other means of axial location are provided. The outer ring has two integral ribs while the inner ring has a cylindrical outer diameter without ribs.
Size range: 80 mm to 2000 mm OD
- Design has a cylindrical inner ring and two ribs on the outer ring, making type NU bearings well suited for use as floating bearings.
- Separable components simplify mounting and removal.
- Accommodates axial expansion and contraction.
- Provides axial displacement between rings with minimum friction while rotating.
- Supports heavy radial loads.
- Not suitable for applications with thrust loads.
- Cement and coal pulverizers
- Planetary gears
- Gear boxes
- Mining equipment
- Aggregate processing