Needle roller and cage thrust assemblies are complements of small diameter needle rollers arranged in a spoke-like configuration. Needle rollers are equally spaced by means of a cage whose web section separates the rollers and provides guidance to keep them tracking in an orbital path. The purpose of these assemblies is to transmit thrust loads between two relatively rotating objects while greatly reducing friction.
Needle roller and cage thrust assemblies also can be unitized with lipped washers which serve as raceway surfaces for the needle rollers. Washers can be supplied separately or can be mechanically unitized to the needle roller thrust assemblies for easy handling.
Size range: 6 mm to 140mm (0.2362 in. to 5.5118 in.)
- Dimensions for bore and O.D. of thrust assemblies and washers are nominal.
- Thrust washers burnished at least one quarter of bore area (remainder is rough breakaway finish).
- O.D. finish of washers will be as blanked.
- Thinner washers may be out of flat due to distortion in hardening in the free state (expected to flatten out under load).
- Automotive automatic and manual transmissions
- Automotive accessories (compressors, steering gears, etc.)
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment
- One-way fool-proof assembly features
- Anti-rotation locking features
- Lubrication flow enhancements