PINION-PAC™ is a ready-to-install, pre-sealed, pre-set tapered roller bearing unit that simplifies axle assembly and improves system performance in light duty automotive applications. Customers rely on PINION-PAC for improved gear reliability and bearing life; reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH); reduced weight and fewer warranty claims.
- Tighter manufacturing tolerances provide better concentricity and optimum bearing setting for improved gear mesh contact and longer bearing life.
- Stiff design reduces deflection at the gear mesh point during dynamic loading conditions, improving gear reliability.
- Compact design can result in an overall weight reduction of up to 15 percent - translating into better handling and increased fuel efficiency.
- Self-retained package reduces the need for bearing assembly tooling and can eliminate 45 percent of the components that need to be stocked for conventional designs.
- Improved concentricity of the seal riding surface on the bearing inner race results in less seal wear, reducing warranty claims.
- Package design simplifies axle repair -- maintenance shops can keep fewer replacement parts on hand and technicians will spend less time on installation.
- Light truck and sport utility vehicle axles