Timken's self-aligning spherical roller bearings combine excellent radial load capacity and moderate thrust load capacity. They are the preferred choice when conditions include heavy loads and difficulties with housing alignment or shaft deflection. These loading conditions are compensated for by the internal self alignment of the bearing elements during operation. Optimal bearing capacity can often be realized with up to +/- 1.5 degrees of misalignment.
Size range: 125 mm to 220 mm OD
- For most aerospace applications, the bearings are made with integral gears on the outer ring for use in planetary gear sets of speed reduction systems.
- Row configurations are available.
- Design modifications include: machined-steel, high-strength cages with low-friction coatings; corrosion-resistant plating or coating and high-temperature alloys and proprietary gear teeth coatings for increased service life under high load conditions.
- Main reduction gear transmissions for helicopter main rotor drives
- Turboprop gas turbine aircraft engines